Sunday, February 8, 2009

'U' -Turn

I was born in a family
The chosen of the twelve to put aside
To bring forward the covenant for generations
To be leader about sacred matter
Now I'm a teenager
Well verse in top sacred matter
For I was trained to be a teacher

One day we caught a youngster
I was top leader to do the torture
To throw stones at the brother
To the point of death, he breath his last
I felt proud for that matter
Struggling for another time of murder
On a bullockart I was travelling to the town
Searching for culprit who went into the synagogue
When all of a sudden someone called out my name
"Who are you, lord" I enquired
"I am the brother whom you torture" was his answer

In fear I began to wonder
Looked up to see whose voice was there
Instantly the sky turned pitch darkness
For days I never taste any food and drinks
Groping in darkness, someone lead me to a leader
Who treated me with prayer
A fish scale, it felt, removed from my eyes
The day turned bright straight away

Without any delay
I took a 'U'-turn that very day
A turning point from my old way
To start a new life in a new way
Now I begin to preach and pray
To my people and the gentiles overthere
That's how I start my new day

1 comment: